Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow, Ice and Quilting

This is my igloo car after the southern ice storm because ice and sleet was all that dropped. here.
My front door was so iced over I could barely see out and it wouldn't open all the way. So what do you do when the weather won't allow you to go out?

Well I decided it was time to visit my sewing room and work on some blocks for projects I have started this year. This is my 6" block for a Mystery Quilt that the Saline County Guild is doing this year.


Then I had to do a 12" block for the same Mystery challenge because this quilt is not a mystery to me since I am one that is working on the project with my friend Fay Poe.
The block below is a finished block for a $5.00 quilt that is going on at Pinwheel fabrics (our local quilt shop). If we finish each month's block on time and take it on the due date and time to the shop we get the next block, pattern and fabric at no charge. Of course the fact that when I turned this block in I spent $80. in the shop doesn't count. The pieces are cut and ready to sew together for the next block and I will show it later.


It has been a very enjoyable snow day. I had a lot of fun playing in my sewing room today.




3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Brenda
I have been watching the weather that has traveled across the country to the south of us. I feel sorry for the places getting hit with unusually cold, snowy weather. I hate it up here, so it has to be pretty bad for those that live in the south.

Hope you are staying warm.

xx, Carol

StitchinByTheLake said...

Unfortunately I had a stomach virus on the "snow day" and didn't get any sewing done - and I had such big plans! I'm doing the 6" block exchange in guild but not the mystery quilt. Since I'm going to miss at least 4 meetings this year I know I can't do it all so I had to pick and choose. Love your blocks though! blessings, marlene

Pat said...

Brenda, Hope you are feeling better! I am because all the snow and ice is melting!!! I'll look forward to seeing you soon...pat